[Page last updated: 24 January 2021]
- English translations of talks and homilies presented at the Rome 2008 Congress-Pilgrimage of the Ordo virginum, plus the text of the two talks and homilies given in English.
- The 1970 Rite of Consecration in Latin and English.
- Different interpretations of Praenotanda 5a—“never married or lived in public or open violation of chastity”—of the consecration rite by two dicasteries: CDWDS and CICLSAL.
- Evolution of the formula for imparting the insignia.
- Nature and value of Christian Virginity, using excerpts from various sources.
- Foundation of Christian Virginity: Trinitarian, Christological, Marian, Ecclesiological, Biblical.
- The bond between the Diocesan Bishop and the Ordo virginum, using excerpts from the Instruction Ecclesiae Sponsae Imago and other sources.
- Reflections on canon 604 taken from Father René Metz’s work.
- Excerpts from Church documents relating to the Ordo virginum.
- Selected comments gathered from the internet on the 2018 Instruction Ecclesiae Sponsae Imago.
- Official statistics from responses to the 2015 questionnaire on the Ordo virginum sent by CICLSAL to bishops’ conferences.
- Timeline of the Ordo virginum.
- A table indicating the origin of each element of the 1970 and pre-1970 consecration rites, using the work of Father René Metz.
- A brief history of the Ordo virginum, from the Instruction Ecclesiae Sponsae Imago.
- A longer history of the consecration of virgins, taken from Father René Metz’s work.
- Origin and history of the marriage rite (on which the consecration rite is modelled) taken from Father René Metz’s work.